Monday, July 13, 2009

The internet , books, DVD's and Me

I never thought that I would say this but I think that the internet is going to be the death of me. I have signed up to some really great blog sites that satisfy my need for all things vampire on a daily basis and sometimes more than once a day. I knew that I was not alone in this obsession, in fact some of my friends are right there with me, but still it is good to know that people we don’t even know feel the same. Now on the down side I have a list of books to read that is longer than well me and it is being added to quicker than I can read a single book. I really had no idea there was so much out there on vampires.
So as my quest for all things vampire reaches fever pitch I have decided that I should probably never ever enter another bookshop ever again. In the last three weeks I have managed to buy over 26 books. Yes you read that right 26 books. Now these were all books from series that I really wanted and I did get them on sale so really I saved myself a lot of money (that is female logic at work). In my defense I have been a reading machine of late and I have already powered my way through seven and I am on to the eighth now.
I also have more DVD’s to watch than I think I am ever going to have time to watch. I have unopened at home, True Blood S1, Eureka S1, The Dresdin Files S1 and Kyle XY S1 (yes I know they are not all vampire related what can you do). On the up side in the last few weeks I have managed to watch Moonlight, Being Human and S1&2 of Buffy. Buffy is however a re-watch for me so I am not sure if that counts. Now it may seem to you that I have more time on my hands than I should have, but be gentle, I am on holidays from university for only two more weeks and then the time well will run dry. My aim is to get True Blood watched in the next week or so and then continue on with Buffy at what- ever pace I can. I will save the non vampire related ones for the break over Christmas and the New Year. It beats the other crap on TV.
This is not a new problem for me for some reason I cannot walk past a bookshop or DVD without popping my head in and that usually results in my wallet being pulled out. Now how is this for the female logic – I bought all of the books and DVD’s on sale so I actually really saved myself a lot of money!!! Well it works for me so I am going to run with it.

No comments: