Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My week.

As it turns out for me keeping a blog has had some side benefits. It forces me to out my many and scattered thoughts in order so that I can write something that is actually worth reading. Not only that I am finding that once I put my thoughts down on paper they no longer roam around in my mind keeping me up at night. Not only that, difficult decisions that need to be made are easier to nut out on paper I am finding. Who knew and why didn’t you tell me sooner?

I have been in a little bit of a funk of late not unhappy mind you just peeved about certain things which is very unlike me. I am finding that the more I start to look after myself and worry about what I think the more other people’s self interest bothers me. We all have friends that are impossible to please I know I do but it has never bothered me in the past like it does now. I am pretty laid back and usually just go with the flow but lately the flow has been ticking me off. I am not sure what made me sit up and take notice but the flow does not always suit me, now what I would usually do is simply change my plans to suit everyone else but I have stopped doing that if something doesn’t suit me anymore I simply say no. I have put a few noses out of joint but I am past the point of caring about that now. There comes a time in your life when you have to put yourself first and finally that time has arrived for me.

I have decided that I am going to rename Sunday Joanne’s day. I am not going to commit to doing anything on a Sunday ever again well at least that is the plan anyway. I am turning Sunday into a complete rest day for myself. If I want to go to the movies I can, if I want to stay inside and read all day I can or if I simply want to watch DVD’s all day I can. I am finding that I am really tried and I never seem to catch up with the weekends being as bust as or busier than week days. Well that is stopping as from this week when Joanne day officially kicks in. A I have said I don’t like saying no and in fact it was not too long ago that I would never have said it but you know what the more you say it the easier it gets. But remember to always say it with a smile. People are a lot more understanding than you think and those that aren’t are frankly not worth knowing at least that is the conclusion that I have come to.

Financial year end has thrown my reading challenge off course I have been extremely busy at work and worn out when I get home. I was so tired last night I did not even have the energy to lift ta book up let alone turn those heavy pages. Year end is a killer but one the up side it only happens once a year (see I still have my sense of humor)! Instead went to bed early and got a good night’s sleep so hopefully I will be ready to go tonight. I am still undecided as to what I am going to read at this stage but I will obviously review it for you once I am finished. Watch this space.

True Blood Season one is out here today on DVD and I will be grabbing my copy tomorrow at lunch time. You see today they are selling it for $39.95 but tomorrow it will go on sale for $28.37 sometimes it pays to wait a day and to also shop around. As you will know I have read the first book so there will be no surprise for me in how the series ends but I am sure there will be some differences between the book and the series and I am looking forward to watching it over the weekend and seeing what they are and what they have done with the book. Hopefully there will be plenty of special features for me to enjoy as well.

1 comment:

The Scarlet Tree said...

Hi! Good on you, having kids snapped my 'no thanks' response on like a lightswitch. It is important, I have had friends in the past that ask and ask and ask.
They do eventually stop :)
I finsihed true blood series 1! I really liked it..